Thursday, April 1, 2010

Thursday's Thoughts

Today's Thought:
Evil prevails when good men fail to act

Maybe a little dramatic for what I wish to discuss today, but this quote strikes to the heart of the matter. I had to stop off a Wal-Mart today on the way to work. As I was coming out of the store I noticed a female loading groceries into a car near mine. Her hair was done well, and the large diamond earrings looked very nice. The blue-tooth earpiece looked a little tacky, but what really stood out was the winter PT uniform she was almost wearing. I use the term almost because she had neglected to utilize the zipper. I can feel a few of the other NCOs out there cringing with me. I am notorious for being outraged at soldiers who wear their PTs in public. But this female went above and beyond the call of shitbaggery to take the degradation of the soldier ethic to a whole new level. And what did I say to her you ask. Nothing. I gave her a nasty look and muttered under my breath. And for that I am ashamed. I might as well have told her that it was fine with me. If she had been one of my privates, I would have spent a half hour illuminating her of the various regulations she was violating. So what stopped me? I wish I knew. Today I was part of the problem.

No comments: