Friday, April 23, 2010

Serendipity Makes Me Happy












Driving back from school this afternoon, I was a little hungry. Debated the shoppette, the Mc D's, and the grocery store. Grocery store has better munchies. On the spur of the moment I thought, "Picnic". The kids and I grabbed a cart full of naughty goodness, and waited impatiently for Daddy to get home. When he calls to let me know he's on his way back, I announce a surprise, only telling him to get home and change into civvies. I thought this was going to be the perfect time to take some family pictures using my new tripod and the camera's timer.
We have to drive half an hour to the Military Rec Area (it isn't as bad as it sounds, and is no where near post, or I wouldn't be going!) with the windows rolled down, the music cranked up on the radio, and a big smile on my face.
We had a great time. We found a little picnic island that could only be reached by bridge, and was far far away from any human beings. The sun was well on it's way to bed, the air was cool, the frogs were starting to sing, and the moon was glowing through the trees. It reminded me of my favorite time of day back home...

1 comment:

April Wilson said...

The pictures are great,I was wondering who took them until I read the blog:)now I want a tripod too lol