Sunday, November 1, 2009

Sixteen years...

I know it's a rough picture, but it's one of the only ones I have of my dad. That's me asleep on his lap, my mom and brother in the seat next to us. We were at a political thing of some sort...help me out mom with that info?
It's been sixteen years since my dad died, and surprisingly, he still gets mentioned and thought about every day. "My Dad" comes out of my mouth way too much, according to some people, but he was the first man I ever loved. That is important, and he was. He shaped almost every thing I am, and I am grateful for the things I know and believe because of him. I didn't want today to pass without mentioning him. Butterscotch pie after dinner, if you want to stop by and say "Hi" dad.
I love you

Butterscotch Pie

Ingredients:

  • 1 (9-inch) pie shell, baked
  • 2 eggs, separated, egg yolks beaten
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 4 tablespoons cake flour
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 4 tablespoons granulated sugar

Preparation:

Beat egg yolks. Combine beaten egg yolks, brown sugar, salt, flour, milk and butter in a double boiler. Cook over boiling water, stirring constantly until it thickens. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer, stirring occasionally. Cool, add vanilla, and pour into baked pie shell. Make a meringue with the remaining egg whites and 1/4 cup sugar. Cover pie with the meringue. Bake at 350° until browned.

No comments: