Thursday, November 5, 2009

Fort Hood Shooting




I just found out about this, and the mind reels. My first thought was "Who do I know there?" And my mind is still blank. I can't think of who it is that I know is there, and that is making me ill in itself.
My second thought was that I needed to call Jay. I don't know why...He's here, safe, but the idea that he's not all that safe is enough to make me want to go get him! Somebody HAS to help these soldiers. There has to be an intelligent way to help them...Gee, end the deployments comes to mind....however, all of us army related people know that the last thing that the army will do is think before they act. A 30 something year old Major lost it and 12 people are dead today, 31 more injured. It could happen to any of us, and if that doesn't scare you, it damn well should.

No comments: