Thursday, June 12, 2008

I hate DEPLOYMENTS

If you google the title of this entry, you get this:

Web
Results 1 - 10 of about 2,250,000 for I hate deployments.
Wow. So, we agree. It sucks. This pic I found during this google search, sure seems to sum it up. Deployments are a nasty, angry, explosive, scary, depressing monster. The little dude there is even shrouded in yellow. It's like the artist took my feelings and spit them out on paper.
Today I'm fine. It's actually been a good day for me. Operation Homefront is keeping me busy, and there isn't a ton of stress for the moment. I'm really writing this for a pal o' mine, that seems to be having a bad day. I have one person in mind, but I know this is going to ring true for someone else too. I really just want to say that it's ok to be sad, angry, depressed....whatever the emotion is that's plaguing you right now. I know from experience that it's hard to let someone know you need help. I never ask for help, not if I can help it, so I'm right there with you. So, here is my proposal. Anyone that doesn't want to go to the support group, or talk to someone in person b/c it's too embarrassing, talk to me. I know how hard it is to ask, so ask me, and know I'm not judging you. I'm not looking down from my superwoman pedistal and thinking less of you because you don't feel like washing your dishes, or getting out of your pajamas today. It's ok. I promise. Okay, I'm not going to volunteer to wash your dishes for you, cause I've got a load to do too, but I can listen, and nod my head, and hold your hand. We're in this together, aren't we?
So, someone's thinking about you. Worried about you. It's me.

1 comment:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Yeah deployments suck sometimes. I hope that people will come to you for a listening ear or whatever they need!

I just wanted to let you know that google reader is no longer recognizing my blogspot addy, and soon it probably won't work at all, so be sure to update your link to http://www.myspecialks.com . :)