Saturday, November 12, 2011

365

Wal-Mart parking lot!  lol  It's nice to be in a place where you can see the sky...

We basically did nothing today. We ran to Wal-Mart and put the new curtains up in the dining room. Then we watched the last Harry Potter movie.  I really needed this weekend to relax.  Not that I've been sitting still the whole time.  I keep seeing things that need to get done, so I pop up and take care of them.  Jay keeps fussing at me to sit still.  I caught up on the blog for four hours yesterday, and I think that should be enough.
Jay has had the last month and a half off of work, and we've been together almost every single second of it, so you'd think he'd be tired of me by now. Apparently not though, because he came upstairs to kiss me three times while I was loading photos, and then sent Laurel up here with lunch because he knew I was too engrossed in what I was doing to remember to eat. He's such a sweetheart. 
Miah and I took the pups for a walk tonight, and I was amazed at how windy it is out there.  The woods behind us were loud with crackling tree limbs and whistling wind.  I can't wait to get out there and explore.  Like I said, the sky is huge and open here, so we were able to actually see some stars. I pulled out my new camera and tried out the starry sky mode.  I think I need to wait for a darker sky, but I did get an absolutely amazing shot of something I didn't even see with my eyes.  I'm not sure what the heck it is, but I was aiming at a star so....I'll load it tomorrow, and you guys can tell me what you think.  I'm going to get out there tomorrow with my tripod and see what I can come up with a little later in the night. 
It's probably a good time to take some good pictures of the girls too.   It's too bad there aren't any leaves out there that we can pile up.  Have I mentioned that at this post we don't have to mow?  There is a landscaping company that comes every other Monday in the fall and does all the yard work for us. During warmer months they come once a week.  Jay now has no chores.  I'll have to make something up so he isn't getting off scott free.  lol  Have I also mentioned that we have a two car garage so we don't ever have to scrape ice off a window, or preheat a car again? (Well, at least until the next place.) There are a few things that bug me about this house, but those two little details are enough to make up for it for a while!  I also like being able to unload my car without neighbors eyeballing your purchases. One thing I just can't tolerate is nosy neighbors!
Yesterday we finished decorating the kitchen.  Jay hung my pot rack, and I got all of my China  (What's left of it) organized on the shelves.  I need to wash them before I can really call them good, but that can wait until I get bored one day.  I won't be using them any time soon, because we are going back to using the cheap dishes again.  All the breakage from the move made me rethink the daily use of the good stuff.  I'm not going to have anything left to pass on if this keeps up!
  Tomorrow I'm going to start weeding through the stuff in my closet. The guy that packed my bedroom took all of the clothes that I separated from the closet and folded into a storage tub, and packed them in wads with the rest of my stuff.  So, now I have to re-sort it all and put it away.  Men...How much dumber can you get?  It's going to be a long and irritating process, so I should probably get to sleep so that I can get an early start.  The closet and the Art Room are the only two rooms I have to sort out and organize, and I want to be done!
Until tomorrow...

No comments: