Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thursday's Thoughts

Today's thought:
Happiness is bred of small things

Big things in life can temporally help you out, but for one to be truly happy it takes a lot of small things. There has recently been a change for the better in my schedule and I count myself very lucky and a lot happier for it. For the ability to chat with my children as I drive them to school in the mornings; for the ability to have more than a five minute conversation with my wife as I prepare for work; for the chance to eat lunch with her instead of alone in a cold room at work; for not having to rush off to bed as soon as dinner is done so that I can get up in what can only really be called "the middle of the night". These are all small things, and my instincts tell me to enjoy them while they last. And I shall.

1 comment:

LaForestGump said...

I would argue, my love, that those are not small things. And they are making us all very happy. Ask the kids in 10 years what they remember about this time, and they will mention those chats in the car. Big, huge, enormous things.
I love you.
Stacy