Monday, March 15, 2010

John Edwards' Huge Mistake...

I just read the interview of Rielle Hunter. ( Link in last post.) Wow. The woman comes off as insensitive, rude, gold digging....I can't go on! I can understand the need to set things right, but at this late date it seems crazy. Everyone has told their story, so those stories are what are set as "truth" in the minds of most people.
I find it very hard to feel anything other than disgust towards this woman. She seems disconnected to reality. The fact that she is in love with this man is one thing, but that she believes that he will never and has never lied to her? Is she mental? I want to smack her! I especially got irritated when she started talking about "Johnny and St. Elizabeth's" relationship. Where does she get off commenting? She does realize that she only has half the story, and that being told to her by a man who is trying to get in her pants? And stay there?
How about the photos that they took for the interview? They make her look even worse than she sounds. Her rear end showing, posing in a mans shirt (John's???) with her daughter's toys, and showing her naked belly while laying with her kid in bed. Those don't say wholesome mother-type to me. They make my skin crawl almost as much as the "reporter's" pointed comment on what size her pants are.
Another thing that really bugs me is that she talks about their relationship as if it never ended. Like they were star-crossed lovers that were separated by the evil queen Elizabeth. That she takes absolutely no responsibility for her part, and talks about John Edwards being abused by his wife. To top all this off, the woman speaks about her knowledge of male/female relationships like some sort of self help guru, only in reverse. Like a 1950's version of a house wife.
You haven't uttered a word so far. Why now?
"I feel comfortable talking now, because Johnny went public and made a statement admitting paternity. I didn't feel like I could ever speak until he did that. Because had I spoken, I would have emasculated him. And I could not emasculate him. Also, it is not my desire to teach my daughter that when Mommy's upset with Daddy, you take matters into your own hands and fix Daddy's mistakes. Which I view as one of the biggest problems in all female-and-male relationships."

"To allow a man to be a man. The biggest mistake that I find is that women attempt to make men women."



In my opinion she has no right to speak up at this point, the evil other woman. She is no victim, and neither is Edwards. As I see it the only victims here are John's children, and to a point Elizabeth. No matter what she did to him...he always had the option to take the high ground and dissolve the relationship before he cheated on his wife and kids. How must his older kids feel, reading this interview....which you know they are!
Thank goodness he wasn't elected...and good riddance to his political career. Humanitarian, indeed. Gag.

No comments: