Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Long Time, No See!

     Well hello there! It's been a while! Since we are leaving "Lost in the Woods" I thought I would start keeping tract of things again.  I miss it, and I've missed recording some huge milestones.  I think I may be ready to start putting some things down "on paper" so to speak. 
     Laurel is off to College, so now we are three.  It's so strange. On a normal day, I don't think about it much, except when I pull dishes out to serve dinner (especially after having five people in the house for a while {OMG, I have to tell you about JUSTIN!}, weird.), or when I am now the one who has to put dishes away (weird), or when I haven't heard from her in a couple of days and I wonder if she's still alive (I'm no longer watching Law and Order SVU, GEES!)
     Miah is in high school now! WHAT!? What the... I don't know how that happened! After a year off from doing the mama taxi service, I am now back in the game.  This is not a great thing.  Yesterday, I my phone was turned all the way down, so Miah had to wake me up.  I can be up and ready pretty fast, so it wasn't that big a deal, but this morning, I forgot that it was "late" day and dropped her off an hour early.  You'd think she would say something, but she claims that she is so used to being told where to go and when that it didn't occur to her. Ugh.  Now I have to write that down on the calendar to remind myself again.
     Justin.  Yes, I must tell you about our new addition.  Technically, he is off on his own now, but we have decided to keep him as if he were our own teenager.  Laurel's friend, due to circumstances too complicated and personal to go into, moved into our house so that he could have a launching spot for graduating high school, and moving on to basic training.  We had him for five months or so, and he fit right in.  He's going to graduate basic at the beginning of October. Mom and Laurel are going down to  Fort Benning to see him, but the rest of us have to miss it because we will be somewhere in the process of moving by then.  I hate it, but there was just no way to be able to afford it. We've had some major repair issues with both cars, plus moving...anyway....at least Boo gets to see him. I wish I had been blogging all along, because it's hard to really paint a good picture of his personality, but I'll slowly fill in the gaps on him later.  Just know, he's awesome, and he likes your socks.  They are rad.
     We had to buy a new computer, so my pictures are a little unorganized, but I think what I'm going to do is try to sort out the last year and post the best couple of pictures from each folder and maybe that will help me fill in some gaps.  So, for now I'll get back to the minutiae of life (The dog is calling me) and I will post a couple of pictures in chronological order in a bit!

No comments: