Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Idle Wednesday





If you are friends with me on facebook, then you have probably already seen this, but I wanted to make sure I got the last couple of projects I've done on the blog. I am particularly proud of this one, and next weeks entry.  I had been eyeballing this lap desk at the antique store for a while.  I didn't really need it, because I have  a couple already, so I never even looked at the price.  So, when Sheila came to visit, we went back to the store and it was still there.  I decided to go ahead and check it out.  It was full of office supplies, and was only 12$ ! Yay! So, obviously, I nabbed it.  Laurel drew my initials in pencil, and I etched them into the wood with the dremel etcher Jay got me.  I sanded it down with super fine sand paper, and then simply polished the wood with some lemon oil.  No need to varnish this one! I am in love with this piece. It's probably the last project Laurel and I will work on for a while.

No comments: