Friday, March 1, 2013

The Countdown to Spring Begins!


Only 20 days until the first day of spring. I can't wait to get outside and get my herb garden started.
This morning on the way to school, we saw a huge group of geese on their way back from winter break. There were so many together that they had split into three huge Vs. Miah apparently had never noticed this before, and I laughed when she yelled out that "it looks like a giant arrow".
We have been seeing Blue Jays, Robins, and Cardinals in the back yard for a while now. Thank goodness, because this winter has lasted forever!
It's just a couple of weeks until spring break, and this year we are planning a couple of trips. There is a bead show in St. Louis I want to check out, and in Kansas City there are a few museums specializing in Jessie and Frank James. Both of their graves, the house that Jessie was murdered in, and their childhood home. This history was the only reason I was excited about moving to the middle of nowhere. I can't wait!
School is ending on Laurel's birthday this year. She has waited her entire life for this to happen, just so she could have cupcakes at school. What a weirdo! So...for her sweet sixteen all she wants is to take a friend to the movies, and cupcakes at school. I think we can handle that! Also...she is dying for more Think Geekcertificates. Just in case you want to send her some.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: